Welcome vendors! HWC is excited to help you reach your customers this holiday season please watch the short videos below to get familiar with the site.
Having trouble signing up? Click to watch video…
Once you have been approved as a vendor (check your spam box for the approval email), you will be able to login to your Vendor Admin Dashboard at https://www.hainesbazaar.com/wp-login.php
Your dashboard provides you with the following capabilities:
Update Your Store Settings
Once approved, the first thing to do is to go to your vendor dashboard and update your Store Settings.
Probably the most important item to add on the Store Settings is to enter your PayPal address so that you can get paid immediately. Read this article if you need information about setting up a PayPal account. Please note, we recommend a free Business PayPal account to participate (set it up as a sole proprietorship if you are not a business).
Some PayPal Information
Here is an overview of the PayPal financial transaction process:
- The buyer makes a purchase and uses their credit card to pay. The funds go into the Haines Woman’s Club PayPal account.
- Assuming you have a PayPal account set up on your vendor profile, PayPal will then transfer the amount (minus commission) to your PayPal account.
This transaction is instant unless PayPal puts the transaction on temporary hold for whatever reason. In that case, once the funds are cleared, they will be transferred.
How to add a product
Click to watch video… (we suggest watching this first and then following the steps below after watching).
- Click Products > Add New
- Enter the product name.
- Add any descriptive wording.
- Set your price by entering a number in the Regular price field. If you are selling more complex items such as items with sizing and color variations, you may need to contact us for support.
- Optionally add your inventory so that you don’t sell out of anything:
- Enter your shipping total in the shipping section. You will be responsible for your shipping charges, so set your shipping costs to cover your costs.
- You can ignore the weights and dimensions section.
- Under shipping rules, click Insert Row
- Enter 99827 in the zip/postal code section and leave everything else as zero. This sets up the local pickup option.
- Click Insert Row again.
- Add “US” in the country code on the new row and add a shipping amount under the Line Cost section. This is the USPS flat rate shipping amount you will charge to any out of town buyer. Note: If you don’t add this row, you could be on the hook for shipping something without having charged for shipping. In the example below, an out of town buyer will be paying $15 for flat rate shipping.
- Choose an appropriate product category. Contact us if you don’t see an appropriate category.
- Set the product image (recommended)
Click Set product image and then drag your image into the Product Image popup that displays.
Once uploaded click the Set Product image button in the lower right.
- Add any additional images to the product gallery (optional)
- Click the blue Publish, Submit for Review, or Update button on the right side of the screen to save your work.
Your product will then be published immediately or submitted for review by the store admin and published.
Once it is published it will appear on the store page.
How to manage orders
When you receive an order, you will be notified by email. All order details will be available on your Vendor Dashboard. It is up to you to reach out to your customer to arrange delivery (or ship if the buyer is out of town).
How to Handle Shipping and Delivery
If a customer has paid for shipping, that’s easy, but if a customer has chosen Local Pickup and Delivery, what then? We suggest setting a time and place (example: Saturday between 9 and 10 at the Fairgrounds parking lot) and communicating that to your customers. This will hopefully save you from running around town dropping off items.
How You Get Paid
- Upon order placement, you will immediately receive the cost of the product and any shipping in your PayPal account. It will be designated as a “commission”.
- Once you have delivered or shipped the product, mark it as “Fulfilled” on your vendor dashboard.